Highlighted
nathanljacobs
1 Copper

Optical disk drive not recognized/ wont eject disks

I have the HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA30N ATA DVD/Bluray drive and for some reason it is not recognized on my windows 7 dell xps laptop. I tried going into device manager, uninstalling the drive, and then restarting my computer so it would automatically install drivers for it, but the driver installation failed and I cannot find the driver or that optical drive's firmware anywhere on the Dell Support site.

Can someone give me the link to download that firmware/driver?

note: the disk drive was a warranty replacement by Dell from my old CA10N optical drive, so my service tag give the link to the wrong firmware.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Optical disk drive not recognized/ wont eject disks

Hi nathanljacobs,

I would like you to check the functionality of optical drive in BIOS.

To enter BIOS, please restart the computer by tapping F2 key at Dell logo.

Try to eject the optical drive when the system is in BIOS and post the results.

I have found the link to download the firmware for the optical drive in a third party website which is compatible with windows 7 operating system. It is a third party website the website could have its own terms and conditions and there could not be any guarantee for the drivers; however try installing it if necessary.

Link: http://bit.ly/UGaBNw

Kindly reply for any further help.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos