Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2017 20:00

PXE-E61 Media Test Failure

I took back cover off to check network card after reinstalling operating system that had no drivers.  I was instructed to take hard drive out and put it back in and now get this error "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure".  Any trick to putting the hard drive back in.....seemed simple enough?  Should I remove and re-install it?  

June 2nd, 2017 21:00

Got it figured out.  Took cover off again and snapped hard drive in....there is no way to get that to snap in with the cover on....it was difficult to line up the receptors.  

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

June 2nd, 2017 16:00

What system is this on? And I am assuming the PXE error you're seeing is at startup before Windows loads rights?

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

June 5th, 2017 12:00

Thank you for the update! I am happy to hear you got this working!

Best regards,

Brad

1 Message

September 11th, 2018 23:00

Hi good day,  can you help me with my desktop problem?

Im having dell desktop runned by windows server 2008. The drive C is only 16gb ( 135gb total ) . I was trying to merge the Drive C and D that ended up deleting the partition usig Macrorit software when the pc restart, it show that pxe media failure.

It prompt to strike f1 to cont or f2 to set up menu. Every time i hit f1, the always follow the press f1 to retry and same for f2 set up. I dont know how to set up the f2 to make it run normal.

At the start up. Im only having option of f2 set up menu

F11 boot menu

F12 pxe menu

And i think i have f10 but im not sure.

Is there a way you can help me to run it as normal?

No Events found!