Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 22nd, 2004 03:00

Philips DVD+RW DVD8601 Refuses to read any DVD+R(W) media or record to it whatsoever.

This is very frustrating for me, i bought this system so i could clip and record my own dvds.  But when i went to try and actually burn a DVD, it refuses to recognize that #1, theres a disc in the drive, and Number 2, that Its an empty disc.  Please Help me!  I've tried so many different brands of DVD+R in the last few days that i've got no more money left.  This system Should Write and Read to it, at least thats what i thought that i was getting in this drive.  I need assistance ASAP.  So if anyone out there can point me in the right direction, maybe help me with exactly what my problem is, it would be great.

July 16th, 2012 09:00

Windows xp pro, service pack3,  belkin.99a , sound blaster live,Pentium(R) 4CPU ,3.20GHz,3.19GHz,3.00ofRAM

July 17th, 2012 09:00

Great ,good luck. Kathy

Was your Dell under warenty?

Great I hope its my problem.

July 17th, 2012 10:00

Mine cant read ither everyone says Dell will replace the drive I hope so? My service contract is over and I am broke I just bought a new batery from Dell for my laptop that it didnt need.I owe THE WHOLE COMUNITY AN APPOLIGY BECAUSE I POSTED THIS PROBLEM MONTH`S AGO BUT MY COMPUTER  CRASHED AND I AM THE ONE WHO HAD TO FIX IT WITH HELP FROM MY FRIENDS SO I DO TRUELY APOLOGISE TO EVERY ONE FOR THERE PATIENCE AND IF YOU GOT BACK TO ME  PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER. KATHY

Good luck I hope it works out for you as well as myself. Kathy.

I hope NERO work`s it sounds like an easier solution than the argument . I like Dell but not the argueing I dont even like even notifing them if they know you have that system as a good corporation that wants to keep your buisness it seems like they would check with you and offer to replace the item to keep the client.Just my personal opinion. Kathy.

I hate trying to talk to them some times it isnt worth it to me. It is allways An argument and makes you feel terrible. Cant the see our point of view we are the customer not saying we are allways right but saying we should be listen to and taken serious if there wernt a problem why would we even put our selves through the trouble when we know we are going to here it is not the product unless you have a service contract or warranty.Kathy

I hope you get your`s fixed Kathy Good Luck Kathy.

Good Luck Kathy.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 17th, 2012 13:00

Hi Kathy,

This is a pretty old thread. I'm not sure exactly what's going on but please let me know if you still need help.

No Events found!