Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2014 02:00

Replaced HDD on N5010, Getting 'Windows Boot Manager' error

I am having N5010 and installed new Seagate hdd. I used dell recovery disk (created when the system was up with old hdd) to installed Windows 7 and all software came as part of factory image. After successful installation, first time i saw Windows is booted and I was able to see the Win7 desktop. After that, I have restarted the laptop and then it did not boot instead showing 'Windows boot manager' error as windows failed to load...................error 0xc000000e........

Can you please help me to fix this issue?

Thank in advance.

Regards,

Rajiv Nigam

January 9th, 2014 20:00

Thanks again.

The error shown in the link is not same as I am getting.

But I have tried another option yesterday almost similar to this as I had created Norton Ghost image of my OS partition.

- First I used Dell Recovery Disk to store everything. Since this option was not working and giving me same above error.

- Downloaded Win7 Home Premium ISO file from http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso

- Burned the ISO to DVD and booted the laptop using this DVD.

- Restored Norton Ghost image to OS partition using Norton software used for creating the image

- Tried but got the same error, then I booted laptop using Win7 DVD and selected option to repair the windows

- Ensured the OS partition is 'active' using Partition Wizard (http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html)

- Again when I booted, I saw error like 'Repair Windows (recommended)' or 'Run windows normally'

- Selected 'Run Windows Normally', after that I did not find any problem. My laptop is working perfectly without any boot error.

Thanks for your help.

Actually Norton Ghost Image helped me to restore OS on new HDD and also I have gone through many discussion on this forum before doing this exercise.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 7th, 2014 09:00

Hi Rajiv,

Boot to the BIOS and tell me if your see your hard drive listed under drives, and also the SATA mode (RAID, AHCI, ATA). Did you happen to change the SATA mode by any chance?

January 8th, 2014 19:00

Hi Osprey4,

Thanks for you quick reply.

Yes, the hdd is listed and mode is AHCI. (only two modes are listed AHCI and ATA).

No, i have not changed the mode at all.

Regards,

Rajiv Nigam

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 9th, 2014 05:00

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 10th, 2014 04:00

Excellent. Glad to hear that worked.