Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2015 00:00

Replaced hard drive with no recovery discs...

I have a Dell inspiron I5 3521 with widows 8.0. My hard drive failed recently, and I foolishly did not make any backups beforehand. I attempted to make one when I realized my hard drive was damaged, but I think the hard drive froze halfway through making the back up. So I ordered a new hard drive online half the size. The original was 500GBP. New one is 250. Now under the Dell backup and recovery it freezes at 11 percent no matter what action I take ie factory reset/reset system to factory state. Out of options. Out of my mind. Please help. Be kind firs attempt at diy, geek squad wanted 300 ish dollars to do this. Even with the problems I'm having, I still think it's a Jipp.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 1st, 2015 13:00

how do I go about getting a recovery partition CD?

xxxChrispyxxx

Dell does not supply a 'recovery partition CD', they only send Reinstallation DVD's of the operating system that was factory installed.

If you reside in the US and are the registered owner of the computer, a disc containing the factory-installed operating system specific to your system, can be requested from HERE.

Note: Dell will charge for the disc, if there is no warranty in effect

If you don't reside in the US, contact Dell's Technical Support that's located in your country. 

Bev.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

September 1st, 2015 07:00

Very simple. You need a 500GB size hard drive.

September 1st, 2015 12:00

how do I go about getting a recovery partition CD?

September 3rd, 2015 01:00

Thanks for the link. Made my request for the reinstallation DVD, just waiting on my conformation email.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 3rd, 2015 08:00

xxxChrispyxxx

Bev.

No Events found!