shajust
1 Copper

SD Card Drive Failure

My media drives (specifically my SD card drive) stopped working.   It won't even show the drive in "my computer" removable storage devices.   I ran a diagnostic test and it came back with error code 0F00:13713 IDE device failed.   Recently Internet Explorer stops and restarts more but that's all I've noticed that is different.   I need to send some pictures.  Please help!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: SD Card Drive Failure

It's best to post your model computer and operating system when asking a question. Also mention if the card reader is internal or external. Remove the sd card and try a different one. That error code could mean there is no media in a diff drive--such as your cd drive. Your sd drive is not a IDE drive.

0 Kudos
shajust
1 Copper

Sorry about that!  I have an Inspiron 530 and run Vista.  The card reader is internal.   I have tried different SD cards that worked fine before and that are loaded with pictures.  The system does not even acknowledge that I inserted a card like it always did.  

0 Kudos
7- Gold

Hi Shajust,

Try running the Dell diagnostics, but make sure you have an SD card in the slot when it performs the read test. It's possible your card reader has failed but I want to confirm.

0 Kudos
shajust
1 Copper

Where do I find the Dell diagnostics?  I ran the test choosing F12, utilities, etc and ran the full test which has taken literally hours.  The errors were 1100:12A, 022A, 032A and 042A.  I wasn't watching the test the whole time so an SD wasn't inserted.   I don't have much technical knowledge.   Thanks!

0 Kudos
shajust
1 Copper

Never mind.  Just saw you had a link to the Dell diagnostic.  I'm pulling it up.

0 Kudos
7- Gold

What you need to do is a custom test, which allows you to test a single component.

0 Kudos
shajust
1 Copper

What custom test should I choose?  I really appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
7- Gold

After you select custom test, you should see a list of hardware components. Use the arrow keys to select the media reader and click "run tests".

0 Kudos
shajust
1 Copper

Media reader is not listed as an option.  There is the hard drive, cd/dvd rom, and diskette drive a (which I don't have).  I ran all those and the only error code it showed was on the diskette a drive saying something about access didn't respond in time or something like that.

0 Kudos