rafov
1 Copper

SEAGATE MOMENTUS 5400.6 - ST9250315AS - BEEPING CONSTANTLY

Hi, I have an Inspiron 1545 Laptop, with a Hard Drive Seagate Momentus 5400.6 model ST9250315AS that is constantly and randomly beeping (2 Beeps pause 1 Beep) during my OS sessions (NOT POST BEEPING). I have contacted the Support chat but nobody give me a useful solution.

Did Somebody is experimenting a similar issue? Do you have some solution or anybody solved this matter?

Please I'm really desperate to solve this cause I'm in Bolivia, and here I don't have acces to technical support and I will be ther in US by June, so I don't want my laptop to fail.

Greetings

0 Kudos
3 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: SEAGATE MOMENTUS 5400.6 - ST9250315AS - BEEPING CONSTANTLY

Hi Rafov,

Why do you think it's the hard drive beeping?

0 Kudos
rafov
1 Copper

There are a lot of reasons, mainly because when the HD is out of the systems the beeps disappear. Also when the beeps sound, they are just exactly in the zone where the Hd is installed, when I heard POST beeps they sounds in the speakers area just down the screen.

I hope somebody help me with this issue cause I don't want to buy another HD without being sure there is not a system error.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Hard drives should not beep, so either there is a problem with your hard drive or the beep is coming from some other place. Either way, go to the Seagate site and download their diagnostic program, called SeaTools. It will thoroughly check the drive for any errors. If the drive reports an error, contact Dell about a replacement.

By the way, I am assuming all of your important data is backed up.

0 Kudos