cedricreynolds
1 Copper

Seagate 7200.4 500GB hard drive in Vostro 1700

Called technical support to determine if Seagate Momentus 7200.4, 500GB, 7200 RPM hard drive would work in my Vostro 1700.  They said it was not on the list of approved hard drives which maxes out at 320GB.  Well I bought one and installed it and it works just fine.  Since I already had 2-120GB fujitsu drives I already had the second HD cage adapter and the little plug that goes onto a stock hard drive to plug into the dell on board connector.  Everything works fine I now have a 446GB formatted hard brive for use instead of a 107GB formatted drive for use.  More than 4 X the capacity for $89.  Got in on the black friday sale at newegg since dell was out of stock.

Just want everone to know it plugs in and works perfect.  This 7200 rpm drive also improved my windows 7 64 bit windows experience index performance rating in more than one category.  Gaming Graphics jumped from 3.9 to 4.1, hard drive is now a 5.9, and  2 other features jumped 0.1 points. All around a decent upgrade much better than the external hard drive Dell was trying to sell me.  A lot snappier

0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: Seagate 7200.4 500GB hard drive in Vostro 1700

Hi, cedricreynolds:

Wow, better performance at a bargain basement price! Way to go, Cedric (and Newegg)!

0 Kudos