Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2015 19:00

Seagate Dashboard incompatible with Windows 10

I just bought a 1 TB Dell external to back up my Insperion  laptop. Installed the pre-loaded Seagate backup program and tried to run it. No good. Did a Windows compatibility check, Windows reported incompatible. Anyone know if Seagate has an update? Using Windows Backup meanwhile.

1.8K Posts

October 16th, 2015 14:00

Hi,

I don't believe that the Seagate Dashboard software is currently compatible with Windows 10.  If you go to their Dashboard downloads page for Windows, the listing they have for compatible operating systems goes up to Windows 8 but not Windows 10.  

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, or have better news for you.

Todd

1 Message

October 17th, 2015 22:00

Download the installer from seagate (in case the one on the drive wasn't current)

Seagate Dashboard for Windows

once downloaded, RIGHT-CLICK on the installer EXE -

Properties

Compatibility

Selected Windows 8 Compatibility settings - (Apply/OK etc.)

Run the installer....

It will install a redistributable pack (may/may not require a restart - mine didn't b/c already installed)

It should complete - and run -

I was working with my Surface Pro when I saw this post - Win 10 x64 Pro - with an older model backup slim 500Gb

I did 2 tests - one w/o reboot - one after a reboot - did a small file backup - about 1Gb of files

It seems the issue is likely installer related and not application related

I DID NOT set the executable (dashboard.exe - in Program Files (x86)/Seagate etc folder) to compatibility mode - nor any file other than the installer package - The app, therefore, is NOT running in compatibility mode - and working

Not sure which installer app they are using specifically (didn't look) - but this is a common issue -

The compatibility settings are always worth trying - both for the installer and sometimes the apps (obviously) - There is only ONE app I have that doesn't work in Windows 10 (or 8 or 7 - with compatibility settings) - an old F1 game app.... but I have OLDER applications - even Grand Prix Legends (pre-2000) running perfectly - without any issues - using these settings...

Hope this helps....

1 Message

March 17th, 2018 01:00

Hi There,

Thanks for the help. I did as you suggested in the below article and it has worked for me exactly the same way. I was able to install seagate dashbaord in my windows 10 and it is working as expected and also detecting the seagate hard disk.

Thank you once again.

Thanks,

Gurmeet Kaur

1 Message

April 28th, 2018 17:00

Compatibility thing never works

3 Posts

April 10th, 2019 14:00

Hi SA Sampson. I have this problem trying to run Seagate on my Windows 10 laptop. I would love to try your recommendations but I am not techy enough to understand this part:

"I DID NOT set the executable (dashboard.exe - in Program Files (x86)/Seagate etc folder) to compatibility mode - nor any file other than the installer package - The app, therefore, is NOT running in compatibility mode - and working"

Can you or anyone else help me with this? I've already had it downloaded and it has run successfully for an entire backup one time. I can't seem to get it to run again though. 

Thanks so much!

No Events found!