innosatt
1 Copper

Re: Sony DW-Q58A DVD Drive Firmware

Discovery for anyone who cares

For anyone who would like to be able to flash the Dell UDS2 version of the Sony DW-Q58A from UDS2 to the latest Sony firmware of UYS4 you will first have to flash it with UYS2 - stock or UYS3 - stock firmware first then download the latest UYS4 firmware from Sony Firmware

Note: Flash at your risk, but I was able to flash UYS2 - stock first then UYS4  Windows Firmware Updater  UYS4WIN.EXE   637  without rebooting in between with no issues. Rebooted after UYS4 flash.

Tags: DW-Q58A, Dell, Sony, Firmware, UDS2, UYS2, UYS3, UYS4, UYS4WIN.EXE, UYS2 - stock, UYS3 - stock, DVD+-RW

-innosatt 
0 Kudos
jeffn81
1 Copper

Thanks innosatt for the firware, I had problems with playing correctly dvds, but now is ok.

Message Edited by jeffn81 on 01-04-2008 05:06 AM
0 Kudos
GabyR
1 Copper

Discovery for anyone who cares

For anyone who would like to be able to flash the Dell UDS2 version of the Sony DW-Q58A from UDS2 to the latest Sony firmware of UYS4 you will first have to flash it with UYS2 - stock or UYS3 - stock firmware first then download the latest UYS4 firmware from Sony Firmware

Note: Flash at your risk, but I was able to flash UYS2 - stock first then UYS4  Windows Firmware Updater  UYS4WIN.EXE   637  without rebooting in between with no issues. Rebooted after UYS4 flash.

Tags: DW-Q58A, Dell, Sony, Firmware, UDS2, UYS2, UYS3, UYS4, UYS4WIN.EXE, UYS2 - stock, UYS3 - stock, DVD+-RW

-innosatt 

Hi:

I have somne problems here...

I flashed my Sony DW 58a DVD drive from UDS2 to UYS2 using UYS2stock (actually I didn't have any idea of what I was doing).... The drive still works, I mean it can read and copy cds/dvds, BUT super slow!!... so I want to reflash it again to its original firmware... I have found the firmware (UDS2) in a Dell website... How do I reflash it??.. Is it "recomendable" to do this??... I dont want to have any more problems... Is there a program to "erase" the firmware update or something like that?... Please help me, I have NO idea of what I'm doing 😞

THANK YOU guys!!!

0 Kudos