Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2009 08:00

TS-L5328 DVD+-RW make computer crash when DLA write

All of a sudden, within the last 2 days, I'm having problems with my TS-L5328 DVD/CD drive. I've got an inspiron 9400. Using Windows XP (w/service pack 3), My drive reads fine.

When using Windows Explorer I can format a disk using DLA. I can click and drag a single file to the formatted disk, I can click on multiple files and drag and drop to the drive.

But hen I try to drag and drop a folder, I get a BLUE SCREEN. with an error that states "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" It says to remove any recently added hardware (which I've had nothing new), and any new software (which I did add a new printer, driver and misc printer programs over this past week-end.) so I remeoved the new software. but that has not fixed the problem. I've tried different DVD+R (and +RW) media and still have the same problem.

Sometimes I get the blue screen and that's were it locks up. Sometimes I get the Blue Screen for about 3 seconds then my computer re-boots. This is the only thing i've noticed that is causing problems. I have run a couple fo different virus programs, but haven't found anything. Everything else seems to work without a problem.

Any help would be deeply greatful.

thanks tons

-ronaldo

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 15th, 2009 18:00

Hi, Ronaldo:

DLA can be a troublesome program. Although the XP CD burning wizard lacks some of the convenience, it has none of the associate problems. My suggestion is to uninstall DLA, and use the XP CD burning wizard.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article01-110

No Events found!