Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2009 06:00

TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-H653G ATA Device (Code 19)

Have a brand new Studio 540 and get the following error from the device manager

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Have checked for solutions, Have tried the Microsoft fixit solutions and still nothing helps.

Grateful for any guidance

10.9K Posts

November 22nd, 2009 10:00

Try this article for Windows XP ...............

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/

Try this article for Windows Vista ...........

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461

10.9K Posts

January 31st, 2012 18:00

If you use good quality media, the drive will perform well.  Review this article ..... www.digitalfaq.com/.../dvd-media.htm

The brand (manufacturer) is the main factor.

3 Posts

January 31st, 2012 18:00

I would like to know why dell doesn't have any specifications on the TSST corp. DVD+RWTS-H653J DVD/CD recorder. I went to the dell website to try and find any kind of information, and there was none. WHY is that. I. as a consumer should be able to see this information. Before i waste my $40.00 dollars, i would like to know if this unite can and will record my blank DVD's, -R / -RW 4x and 8x. There were stats for the H632J, but not what i wanted. I Talked to a Tech and he Told Me to go ahead and use any kind of DVD, and they would call me later in the week , to check and see i faired at recording what i wanted. Dell web page doesn't provide you with enough information what so ever to trouble shoot a real problem.

May 27th, 2015 05:00

YES MY LABTOP HAS FOR A DVD PLAYER TSST CORP DVD+-RW TS-L632 ATA DEVICE NOW WHEN IM WATCHING A MOVIE OR A VIDEO IT WILL STALL AND IT WONT LET ME BACK UP MY FILES I HAVE ALL READY SPENT TO MUCH  CASH ON MY LABTOP I DONT NO I WONT SPEND NO MORE CASH ON THIS BOX I LIKE MY DELL LIKE SO MUCH HAVE TWO ONE FOR WORK ONE FOR HOME THANK YOU HOPE TO HERE FROM U SOON PLEASE HELP GET MY DVD DRIVE RIGHT SO IT WILL STOP TELL ME TO UPDATE WIN 7 AND I NO IT NOT SUPOST TWO WORK

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 27th, 2015 16:00

Hi Ron,

Please do not write in caps. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your laptop. What is the model and operating system?

i have a latitude d830  run win-7 home pre

what   running a latitude-830 win 7

May 27th, 2015 17:00

thank you so much great tip thanks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 28th, 2015 17:00

Ok, so let me make one suggestion. If you go to my optical drive troubleshooting guide (link below) and find the procedure to run the diagnostics on your drive, that would tell you if you have a hardware failure. If the hardware passes the test, then we can start looking for a software issue.

No Events found!