Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

March 28th, 2008 02:00

TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TSL462D ATA Device Issues

I have a new issue with my CDRWDVD drive. I have an Inspiron 9400/E1705 laptop. I burned a data cd from my work computer with about ten mp3's i wanted to transfer to my laptop. When I insert the disc it says it wants to format it and then it says it is write protected. I cannot open it and look at the files or try to explore the cd. It just keeps telling me it wants to format it for use. I put the disk into my wifes HP laptop an it read it just fine. As soon as i put it in it asked me if i wanted to open and view the files. Yep they were all there. I have had numerous problems with this drive. Yesterday it would not allow Itunes or Windows Media Player to burn an audio cd, out of nowhere. I had burned cd's numerous times before. That was fixed with a driver download. Does anybody have an answer for my current problem though? Why wont it read my cd? Any suggestions. I feel like this thing is slowly falling apart.

4 Posts

March 28th, 2008 12:00

What is DLA? How do i find out if I have it and how do I disable it?

10.9K Posts

March 28th, 2008 12:00

Do you have DLA on your system?  If yes, disable it or remove it,

then try again to see it that is causing the problem.

10.9K Posts

March 28th, 2008 14:00

DLA is packet writing software that comes with Roxio and Sonic. 

Disable Sonic DLA:

- Click the Start button
- Double-click on the My Computer icon
- In the My Computer window, right-click on the CD device then choose Properties
- On the CD Drive Properties screen, click on the DLA tab, then remove the
  checkmark from Enable DLA on your drives
- Click the OK button, then restart computer

4 Posts

March 28th, 2008 21:00

There is no DLA tab or anything marked DLA when I look at the drives properties. I am using Windows Vista 32 bit, does that make a difference?

10.9K Posts

March 28th, 2008 22:00

Vista, I am new at Vista.  The Vista built-in burning software is active.
what is happening, I think, is the AutoPlay may be set up that way.  Check
the setup of AutoPlay under Default Programs.

Other than the Vista burning software, what burning software is installed

on your system?

4 Posts

March 28th, 2008 23:00

Only burning sofware by what i can tell is itunes, window media player, and dell media direct which i have never used. I have my options on everything set to "Ask Me Everytime." Thanks for all your help. Let me know what you think. I have put in every other type of media from cd to dvd and it works. It just wont read a data disc.
No Events found!