Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2012 09:00

Targeted read test = Failed (WDC wd7500bpvt) and my laptop frequent freezing and lagging

Hello Dell...

I have a problems that making my laptop frequent lagging and freezing all the time even by starting "notepad" I had to wait almost 2 minutes waiting to successful open. I bought my laptop just 3 months ago and I had this problem since a week after I bought it. Few days ago I was decided to reformat the laptop and the result is still the same. Then I checked all the system by using PC checkup dell and i found disk failure on my wdc wd7500bpvt. I marked that my "targeted read test is failed". Here i gave my detailed. Can you try solve my problem.

Thank you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's I attached the result for the diagnostics test. Right now I staying at France. Is it dell had the international warranty? 

What is the step for claim the warranty and how long do I have to wait until it completely fix by dell?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 2nd, 2012 10:00

Press F12 at powerup, boot to the Dell diagnostics and run an extended hard drive test.  If you see an error code in the form 2000-0142 or -0146, the hard drive has failed - if you're under warranty, report it to Dell and they'll replace the drive.  If the system is out of warranty, you can use any standard 2.5" 9.5 mm or slimmer SATA notebook drive to replace the failed unit.

8 Posts

September 16th, 2012 12:00

Normally how does it's take Dell to repair my laptop?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 17th, 2012 04:00

Depending on the model, the hard drive may be user-replaceable.  If you have to send it in, 7-10 business days.

8 Posts

September 17th, 2012 11:00

okay... but how can I find the nearest service center to send my laptop? is there a site that I can revise...

No Events found!