CALLMENUJAK
2 Iron

The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible

0xc000000e

I tried to install a Samsung F3 1 TB HD and get the above BSOD on an XPS 8300.

Any ideas please. W7 64 bit and the original drive works ok.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
7 Plutonium

Re: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible

Hi Callmenujak,

You need to boot to the BIOS and set your original drive to be the first boot device and only hard drive on the boot list.

0 Kudos
CALLMENUJAK
2 Iron

Hi OSPREY4,

I was trying to set the 1 TB F3 as the first boot device and a 2 TB F4  as additional storage when this  problem occurred.  I thought the drive may have become faulty so I tried a second F3 only to get the same result after seemingly installing W7 correctly. Both these drives were working with no issues in an XPS 435MT and I've tried to put them back and they are both not showing in the BIOS. I've never had a problem like this before and I'm actually scared to put another drive into the 8300.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

If what you're saying is that you're trying to move a drive from one model system to another, then you must reinstall Windows - you cannot move the drive with its installed operating system from one model to different hardware without doing that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CALLMENUJAK
2 Iron

Thanks for replying.

The drive was formatted and W7 reinstalled in the new XPS 8300. I'm not swapping drives and expecting it to work but now what I'm thinking is that I should have just formatted the drives in the XPS 435MT. I'm quite experienced in setting systems up, I built the XPS 435MT up from just the case, motherboard and PSU and lots of other Dells with just that and sold on and never come across a problem like this before.

0 Kudos