Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2015 20:00

Trouble burning DVD's so they will play in my DVD player

I just bought a new Dell with windows 10. I thought I was getting windows 7. I cannot see any way possible to burn my videos and movies to a DVD so they will play on my DVD player.But I hate returning stuff so I decided to try and learn some way, I only got more and more frustrated. Does Windows 10 come with any way of doing that? I never had this problem with Windows 7. I do a lot of video taping and have alway's been able to watch them on a tv with my DVD player, now it say's 'Unsupported File' or 'Invalid Operation'. I am starting to wish I'd never got this thing.

1.8K Posts

August 28th, 2015 09:00

Hello,

Unfortunately, Windows DVD Maker is not available by default in Windows 10.  You need to go into the Windows Store to find software to handle that functionality.  So while you don't get that DVD burning software automatically the good thing is that there should be multiple options (both free and paid) in the Windows Store that you can select.  And more software developers will, over time, be adding more options.

Check out the Windows Store and you'll find what you need.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Todd

No Events found!