Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2008 03:00

Trouble watching and burning dvd's....

I have a Dimension E510, Pentium D 820 with dual core .tech (2.8ghz) with 1 gb sdram, running Win. XP Home Service Pack 2............1- 16x DVD-Rom     and       1- 16x DVD +/- RW. The Computer is about 17 - 18 months old and both drives have bascially been unused. 1 is a
HL-DT-ST      DVD +/- RW GSA- H21N  and the other is a TSST Corp DVD ROM TS-H352C.

I have a couple of different problems 1. I have watched a couple of home made DVDs from a video
camera straight through with no problem( mini dvds straight from camera),2 seperate times, and then watched another one that was a copy someone made for me from their video camera, which stopped about 1/2 way through ( act. froze ) I put it in my DVD player in my Liv. Room and watched it all the way through.                  I have Dell Cineplayer by Sonic installed on my system( which it came with )

2. I tried to copy the first mentioned dvd's using Roxio Creater LE (roxio creater basic and my dvd basic ) after watching on my computer....they started burning for a while, then an error appeared.I checked the disc any - way and to my surprise it was completely copied.And played fine when I watched it back, another time I tried to make copies from the same source as the previous and got the same error this time dvd's were blank....I Believe The Error Was Trouble Writing To The Disc, All Information Lost or Something??. Both times I Used FujiFilm Dvd - R, 8X 4.7GB for Data and Video the second time I also used a second brand HP Dvd-R, 16X 4.7 GB Data. Once I even got the Error , Error Writing to Hard Disc, make sure there is 0 kb of blank space available.... Which Makes no sense, I was copying from D drive to E drive

2.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2008 05:00

Nothing really unusual here… There is a problem with the source disc, which you said was a copy from someone else.

The fact that it plays in one device indicates nothing really wrong with the disc. When it doesn't play in another device, it usually indicates there is incompatibility with that disc and the reading device.

As often as not, changing to a quality brand of media will eliminate problems like this, but since this is a copy, it is out of your hands. Fuji is not quality media. Verbatim, TDK, Sony, etc. are.

There is an Urgent update for that drive listed: Here

That might help.
No Events found!