Highlighted
OhioJB
1 Nickel

Which hard drives for are compatible for an Optiplex GX620?

Jump to solution

Hi.  I've tried searching for a list of compatible hard drives for my Optiplex GX620 PC but haven't had any luck.  I can't find available refurbished hard drives for the exact serial number of the original one so need to find out if there are alternatives I can use.  The info on the original:

WD Caviar SE; SATA; WD1600JS-55NCB1;160GB. 

I've seen some listed for WD1600JS, but the rest of the serial number is different.  Not sure if I can use any of them.  I do know some I can't because of the connectors being different.  And not everyone selling refurbished hard drives shows pics of the connectors. which makes it tough for me because admittedly I don't know a lot about computers.   I do know enough I was able to replace the hard drive when it died the first time, but it's become harder to find a refurbished one since my PC is old.  

Trying to do this cost effectively, otherwise I'd just buy a new or used PC or laptop if I could afford one.

Would appreciate any advice you could give, even if it's just to point me in the right direction to get the info. 

Thanks in advance,  Jeff

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
9 Rhodium

RE: Which hard drives for are compatible for an Optiplex GX620?

Jump to solution

Any 3.5" SATA drive under 2T will work fine.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

All SATA drives have the the same connectors on them - they do not vary.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

Any 3.5" SATA drive under 2T will work fine.

0 Kudos
OhioJB
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks. Some of the pictures I've seen it looks like some of them have a different connection set-up. (Number of pins, etc.)  I'll see what I can find.  

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

All SATA drives have the the same connectors on them - they do not vary.

0 Kudos
OhioJB
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information.  Very helpful.

0 Kudos