Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 16th, 2014 13:00

Windows 8.1 64bit OEM DVD in an LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray re-writer won't be recognized?

My current Situation:

-Newly Full Built PC

-I Set Boot priority #1 as the LG DVD/CD/BD Optical Drive in the BIOS

-I Insert a full version of Windows 8.1 64bit OEM (DVD) into the LG Optical Drive

-Reboot...and system still asked for the boot media to be inserted!

The disc will work in other fully functioning PC's

But Is it my system that's not supportive of Windows 8.1 or could it be something completely else?

My Hardware in case:

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 Gaming

CPU: Intel i3-4130 3.4Ghz

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB)

GPU: Asus NVidia GeForce GT 630

Storage: Corsair Pro Series 120GB SSD

PSU: Antec 850w

and the Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray re-writer

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 16th, 2014 13:00

Hi Wattz1994,

I'm not sure if it's the DVD disc or the drive, but obviously something isn't happening. You appear to have everything set up properly.

The next thing I would try is loading Windows 8 from a flash drive.

6 Posts

March 17th, 2014 03:00

Hello osprey4

Am I glad to hear a voice! I've never used a forum before, but that is fantastic, thank you for taking your own time to help someone you don't even know!

I will start now and I will let you know of any positive or negative out comes asap

Have a brilliant day

6 Posts

March 17th, 2014 05:00

That was brilliant, luckily I had access to another computer that had a DVD drive, Created that ISO Image, got Windows USB/DVD format and download tool, it popped the Windows 8.1 DVD ISO image to my flash drive, then put that into my newly build computer and hay-presto, it recognized the Operating system/ ISO image on the flash!

Thankyou very much, your a life saver!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 17th, 2014 16:00

Excellent! Glad to help.

6 Posts

March 18th, 2014 05:00

Thankyou for your help, I do have that other problem with the LG BH10 Blu-ray Rewriter, where it still won't read any disks.

Since I bought it on online, just as a second hand optical drive on its own, I have no software related to it, Do I need certain software to enable it to read CD/DVD/BD disks ?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 19th, 2014 16:00

If it won't read any discs, then you should perform a hardware test of the drive using the Dell diagnostics. 

To test your CD/DVD drive from the utility partition:
1. Reboot your system. When you see the Dell logo, hit F12 to enter the boot menu.
2. Select Boot to utility partition or Diagnostics.
3. Select Test System.
4. Select Custom Test.
5. Use the arrow keys or mouse to select your CD/DVD drive.
6. Insert a CD or DVD.
7. Click Run Tests.
8. Write down any error messages.

No Events found!