Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2013 15:00

Windows Boot Manager- Windows failed to start.

I turned on my computer and an error message came up and says "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. insert your windows instillation disk and restart your computer. 2. choose your language settings, and then click next. 3. chick repair your computer." i inserted the disk and nothing happened. I have looked through the settings and run some tests by pushing F2 and F12 on the keyboard when it is booting up, but it cannot detect a problem. My computer will literally do nothing but show me this screen and the settings screen and I have no idea what to do.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 13th, 2013 18:00

Hi Melissadawn9,

What is the model and operating system of your Dell?

With most versions of Windows, if the system fails to start, you can try booting to the F8 menu from which you can try either safe mode or last known good configuration. Please try that and let me know what happens with either option (as well as the model and OS).

21 Posts

January 12th, 2014 08:00

I received the same message after replacing the original, and exhausted, Dell battery with a new Rayovak battery.

Did you find a solution?  And if so, what was it?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 12th, 2014 09:00

Hi Yodrak,

Since the OP did not respond, there's no way to know what the problem was. If you are experiencing problems with your laptop, please describe the problem as well as the model and OS.

21 Posts

January 16th, 2014 12:00

Osprey,

Thanks for responding.  I've already posted the details of my situation in two of the forums, rather than posting again in a 3rd I hope it will be OK with you if I just post a link to one of those other posts.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19540809.aspx#

Thanks again,

Yodrak

April 10th, 2014 09:00

I am also having the same problem.

No Events found!