Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

2 Posts

February 5th, 2020 03:00

Wireless mouse WM126 draining battery too fast!

Hi all,

I have a Dell WM126 wireless mouse with 1 AA battery. I use it every working day in combination with a Dell docking station and Dell laptop. I turn the mouse off during nights/weekends, but still I have to replace the battery every 1-2 months! This is not normal right??!
My colleague has exactly the same hardware setup and she has been using the same battery for 12 months! 

What is wrong with my mouse, and does this problem fall under warranty?

Thanks!

• 

25.1K Posts

February 5th, 2020 21:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

2 Posts

February 11th, 2020 03:00

Apparently the warranty period has passed. Although I've had this problem from the very start, so within the warranty period, it's my fault to only contact you now. Is there anything I can do to extend the battery lifespan?

1 Message

April 30th, 2020 22:00

I'm also getting the same issue.

I purchased the mouse on 13 Feb 2020 and currently, this is the third battery I'm using.

When my first battery which comes inbuilt, drained off within the first month, I thought maybe the batteries were old.

Then I added a long-lasting Duracell battery, even that drained off today within 40-45 days.

Earlier I had a Lenovo Mouse whose battery use to last for more than 8 months for the same usage.

I still had a valid warranty but can't go out as everything is closed due to Covid19 lockdown.

Fortunately, I had a spare battery, which I'm using right now.

If this issue continues, I guess I will be spending more on batteries than the mouse price itself in the next 1 year.

June 24th, 2020 05:00

I have the same problem....

Three batterie changes in 60 days...!

Terrible!

2 Posts

July 29th, 2020 22:00

Dell WD126 mouse is draining batteries very fast !

In 7 days one AA battery. Need help.

Purchase date 26-JUNE-20.

Dell support team unreachable. My be in they are quarantine.

Any help please.

At least guide in recycling this fresh Dell product.

December 8th, 2020 04:00

I purchased this model mouse on september and I have seeking the same issue on this mouse. Did we found any resolution from Dell? 

1 Message

June 1st, 2021 02:00

Hi ..even I have the same problem with this model. I am using black color dell WM126 mouse. I have replace the battery every 3-40 days. Need help!!

1 Message

June 1st, 2021 05:00

I bought WM 126 wireless Mouse in November 2020. I have changed 3 batteries so far. battery is draining faster.

NEED help

July 13th, 2021 05:00

Same Problem I am facing WM126 wireless mouse. weekly one battery its consuming. please suggest.

2 Posts

July 13th, 2021 23:00

Dell support replaced the mouse. same model. now its better. 1 battery in 45 day . 

1 Message

July 20th, 2021 00:00

Yes, even I am facing same problem, battery is getting drained within a week.

Really very bad product and even no support and no response from Dell, patethiec service. 

2 Posts

August 4th, 2021 06:00

Was there any solution to the issue, i have been facing this issue since the time i have bought the mouse. The battery drains within couple of weeks. I use it only for 8 hours and turn the mouse off after use. more over i have tried to check the warranty of my mouse but the 18 digits SN number starts with CN doesn't exist in the support website. 

1 Message

January 11th, 2022 04:00

I have also the same issue. I have purchased it through amazon. I have also informed it to merchant but as the lockdown was going on I am not able to give it back to merchant and now the warranty is over. I am facing this issue from begining.

1 Message

February 7th, 2022 01:00

I am facing same issue with my WM118 wireless mouse. It is consuming one battery per week. fed up with replacing battery. Please help!

March 2nd, 2022 00:00

I have also bought a Dell WM126 mouse last year from amazon and I have changed dozens of batteries till now. I generally use Duracell batteries, they are well known for lasting longer. Is there any way for resolving this high battery drainage issue or I should buy a better mouse? 

No Events found!