Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

2 Posts

February 5th, 2020 03:00

Wireless mouse WM126 draining battery too fast!

Hi all,

I have a Dell WM126 wireless mouse with 1 AA battery. I use it every working day in combination with a Dell docking station and Dell laptop. I turn the mouse off during nights/weekends, but still I have to replace the battery every 1-2 months! This is not normal right??!
My colleague has exactly the same hardware setup and she has been using the same battery for 12 months! 

What is wrong with my mouse, and does this problem fall under warranty?

Thanks!

March 10th, 2022 03:00

I didn't get any concrete reply in the last one week. Had to put a new battery in my WM126 mouse today. Going to order a new mouse rightnow. It won't be of Dell for sure. 

Thanks for the support Dell team.

1 Message

May 12th, 2022 00:00

Daily use of wireless mouse for 8 hours usually drains the battery in 30 days. Average wireless mouse will completely drain a single AA (alkaline) battery in 240 hours. There is nothing wrong with the wireless mouse, it is the standard power consumption across all brands.

June 14th, 2022 05:00

I have my mouse for over 2 years and never experienced battery drainage problem, i bought it from this website ( https://www.mytrendyphone.dk/shop/frontpage.html ). So maybe its just me but i think that reliable supplier is very important for the products quality.

September 13th, 2022 21:00

They do not have a solution to it. Why did they launch such a product in market knowing Logitec mouse never has such issues. Dell care is providing this generic response to provide Tag number for all the cases reported. This battery issue is so widespread across dell mouse that you have to live with it. Logitec does not have any such issue so common. If Dell have a generic solution to it they should publish it, or just accept that they are not able to manufacture a mouse which can last long on battery.

2 Posts

October 13th, 2022 08:00

Oh ho, 1 Maxell battery in 2 days, $20 gone I guess.

1 Message

December 19th, 2022 09:00

Ive had my Dell mouse for a week, and it appears I need a second new battery, as I am getting the low battery message across my screen...    

My other wireless mouse only needed a new batter after a year.   Since this one is linked to my wireless keyboard I would like to find a resolution.

No Events found!