Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 21st, 2013 08:00

XPS8500 pre-sales question about the drive options

Hello,

I am seriously considering purchasing the XPS8500 SE for my photography business.  I am looking at the drive options and wondered about this option:

3TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0Gb/s+ 256GB SSD SRT 

Can someone explain how the SSD drive gets used?  Does the system ship with the OS installed on the SSD so that I can then use the 3TB HDD for photos and docs storage, etc. (ie. like a drive C and drive D).

Much appreciated.

John

1.5K Posts

January 21st, 2013 11:00

Hi John,

Welcome to the community.

I would like to inform you that there would be two harddrive that would be installed in the system. First would be 256 GB SSD that would consist of your windows and 3TB harddrive would be used to store any personal data on the system.

Using SSD provides better speed as SSD is faster than the Sata harddrive. Also, incase of failures of windows you can reinstall the windows on the SSD only and that would keep your data intact on the 3TB Sata harddrive.

I hope I was able to answer your query today.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1.5K Posts

January 21st, 2013 12:00

Hi John,

I would like to inform you that XPS 8500 system can have two SATA harddrives and two DVD drives along with the mSATA SSD. So, in future if you wish to add another SATA harddrive you can definitely do the same.

Adding or upgrading any component inside the system would not affect the system warranty provided there is no damage caused to the system by the same part.

I hope I was able to answer your query today.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

January 21st, 2013 11:00

Thank you Sandeep... that's perfect!!  Just what I was hoping for.

Followup question...

With that configuration, would there be enough room inside for me to add a third drive (SATA HDD) once I receive the computer?  And would doing that myself void the warranty?

Thanks again.

John

3 Posts

January 21st, 2013 14:00

Thank you so much Sandeep. Very helpful!

1.5K Posts

January 22nd, 2013 08:00

Hi John,

Its great to hear that your queries has been answered to your satisfaction. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

No Events found!