Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2005 20:00

cd won't play in vehicle

Dell 4550, xp-home edition

I've burnt cd's before using windows media and used them in my vehicle. Last time i burnt using the same music blank cd and a data cd and now they won't play. They will play on the computer. I have a lite-on combodvd-cd drive, whereas before i used a lite-on 163 cd burner. I have the speed set to 4x on the media player but not sure it's using that speed cuz it burnt fairly fast.

would like answers please.

black velvet

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 26th, 2005 14:00

I've found auto CD players to be among the least predictable when playing CD-Rs. Many audiophiles recommend when burning audio CD-Rs to only buy audio blanks (not data) and burn only at slower speeds (less than 4x). The time saved burning faster is not worth the coasters.

17 Posts

January 30th, 2005 18:00

Problem solved; using wind. media player 10 for burning
1) be sure to have cd-audio clicked on drop-down menu when burning music, duh, i may have had the cd-data instead.

2) memorex cd-rw did not work

3) the media player is set at 4x burn rate. To get the cd-r to play in my car and other cd players, had to set it at 1x burn rate.

Hope this helps anyone else and thanks osprey for the help.

black velvet

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 30th, 2005 23:00

For some reason, Memorex CD-RWs have given me nothing but headaches. Ironically, their DVD+Rs are among the best I've used.

Glad that worked out.

No Events found!