Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 15th, 2013 12:00

dst test failed

i am having dell studio 1435 3 years old when i start it it test itself and says dst shot test failure and passes in all other tests and even in chkdsk and diagonises also after i restarts it work properly for hours only problem in starting my email <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

August 15th, 2013 12:00

Hi anilkejriwal,

Seems to be an issue with the hard disk on the computer. To be sure we need to run the diagnostics. To run the diagnostics follow the step below:

1. Shut down the computer
  2. Power it up and keep tapping the F12 key till it takes you to the Boot Menu screen
  3. Select the option Diagnostics using the arrow keys on your keyboard and press the enter key.

Let the diagnostics run. If any error message comes up, please go ahead and reply with the error code and the error message.

Please reply with your findings.

August 15th, 2013 13:00

Hi anilkejriwal,

The error code 2000-0146 states that there could be a possible hard drive failure, but it doesn't imply that it definitely is a hard drive failure. To be sure, we need to run a custom test on the hard drive. To run the custom test on the hard drive follow the steps below:

1. Shut down the computer
  2. Tap the F12 key upon powering on the computer immediately.
  3. Select the option Diagnostics and press enter key
  4. Let the diagnostics run till you get a question "do you want to run the remaining tests or not"
  5. Select No
  6. Then immediately press any key to boot into Utility Partition
  7. Select Test System
  8. Then select Custom Test
  9. Click on Quick Test on the Hard Drive

Once the quick test is complete, post the results with the error code and then we can take it from there.

August 15th, 2013 13:00

i have already done dignostics and other 10 test no error shown it passes in all other test s only at start it gives 2000-0146 error when i start again it works properly for hours only at starting it gives error

August 16th, 2013 05:00

i have done these test it has around 30 minutes computers passes in all tests no error  computer is working perfect for hour only promblem in starting i hve done diagnostics test on drive no promblem no error

August 16th, 2013 08:00

sec thing i am using external keyboard from last 2yrs as some of keys are not working properly some are are short or stickey

August 16th, 2013 10:00

Hi anilkejriwal,

If all the diagnostics have passed without any failures then there is no problem with the hard drive. To get this issue resolved, you would have to re-install the operating system on the computer.

Now, the keyboard that you are referring to is the external keyboard which has failure with some of the keys not working. Is the keyboard on the laptop working properly? If yes, then you might have to replace the external keyboard as well.

Hope this helps.

August 16th, 2013 11:00

my laptop keys are not working properly can i disabled it pl tell me procedure

August 16th, 2013 11:00

my laptop keys are not working properly can i disabled it pl tell me procedure

August 16th, 2013 12:00

Hi anilkejriwal,

Disabling a keyboard on the laptop is not an option because if we disable the keyboard then performing basic functions on the laptop will not be possible for everyone. If some keys on the laptop's keyboard are sticky or not working then you can get the keyboard replaced if the computer is under warranty.

Hope this helps.

August 17th, 2013 00:00

error 0f00:065d in drive self test  short

August 17th, 2013 00:00

error 0f00:065d in drive self test  short

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 17th, 2013 06:00

You need a new hard drive.

August 19th, 2013 10:00

Hi anilkejriwal,

The following error code confirms that the hard drive has gone bad and if your computer is still covered under the warranty then we help you in replacing the hard drive. Please click on my name above and then on the right hand side, click on start a conversation. Send me the service tag number or the express service code through the private message with the account holder's name and I shall look into it and get back to you.

Please do not post your personal information and the service tag number here on the open forum.

June 10th, 2021 01:00

I got error code 2000-142  in my dell Inspiron 15 3000 series . Actually in passes the short DST but fails in the long DST .

No Events found!