Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 5th, 2011 03:00

error code 2000-0151

Hi I am a Dell user. I have 1564 Inspiron, right now not in warranty. Lately I  faced blue screen of death, when restarted, Dell logo appears and later a blank screen! On restarting and pressing F12, with the Pre boot system assessment, I discovered its error code 2000-0151.

I do face a cracking noise from the disk. Any possible solutions??? 

November 28th, 2012 04:00

I am getting the same error, can u please let me the procedure to take backup.

It would be really great if i get my data back. I have contacted Seagate support but no luck.

Currently my hard disk is detecting, I mean i can not see the available space or disk information in Device manager, Used few tools but no luck.

Thanks,

Sathya Prakash.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 28th, 2012 09:00

Hi sathyaprakash,

Please elaborate the issue and answer the below questions:

• If diagnostics display Error code 2000-0151, did you reseat the hard drive in the system?
  • Is the system booting into windows?
  • Are you trying to connect an external hard drive, which is not getting detected in device manager?

Please reply for further assistance.

November 28th, 2012 22:00

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for responding to my post!!

Removed the hard disk from my dell laptop and i had tried to connect from another laptop. In device manager it showing that another disk is inserted but the capacity is unknown. I have tried from command prompt also got this error message" cyclic redundancy error".

Please suggest me with to take backup.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sathya Prakash.

November 29th, 2012 05:00

Hi All,

If a hard disk is having this error, is it possible to take backup??

Dell is manufacturing  laptops with faulty hard disk and not providing any support. When i contacted Hard disk manufacturer they replied they won't support.. I do not have lot money to spend on back up data.

Anybody help me with the steps to take backup.

Thanks,

SP

3 Posts

November 29th, 2012 05:00

As I wrote in the past in this thread (page number 1) search for kappaduei post, you can put the hard drive in the trash and buy a new one.

You can retreive your data only in a white room, in a special data recovery lab and maybe pay about 500 to 1000 euros

Ciao

Marco

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 29th, 2012 12:00

Hi sathyaprakash,

I understand technical issues can be confusing at times; I appreciate the steps you have tried.

If you have tried a different hard drive on the same computer and if it is not getting detected in device manager, then problem is with the hard drive connection on the motherboard.

I assume that you have a dual hard drive in the computer and you are trying to back up the data, for fixing the “cyclic redundancy error" please refer this link: http://www.techbuzz.in/how-to-solve-cyclic-redundancy-check-error-problem.php

Note: It is a third party link; it may or may not work on all systems.

Please check and reply.

December 3rd, 2012 04:00

Hi Nikhil,

The software which was suggested by you is paid version. hence i did not tried.

Thanks for your suggestion, i felt happy at least somebody is responding to my posting.

I have tried with hiren tool but no luck. I have connected many other flash/HDD(external) drive every thing is working in the laptop which was experimenting.

FYI, I am returning my hard disk to Dell tomorrow evening. Finally i am unlucky to get  my data.

Thanks & Regards,

Sathya Prakash.

1 Message

January 13th, 2013 06:00

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my Dell! Help me please!

I did the diagnostic test, and everything is OK except for the Hard drive 0.

The error is: error code 2000-0151

validation 41260 / Msg Hard Drive 0 - S/N WD-WXD1EA1NNJW4, incorrect status = 3E

Can you please reply ASAP because I'm working on it.

I need a solution rather than replacing the hard drive because I'm a student in Norway and I can't afford a new one!

Thank you in advance!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 13th, 2013 12:00

lamis adel

You could try removing and reinstalling the Hard Drive and see if it makes a difference.

But basically, the only solution for a failed hard drive, is to replace it.

Bev.

1 Message

April 28th, 2013 17:00

I am having same problem, however this is the second drive I have replaced in this system.  Is there possibly something wrong with controller thats killing these drives?

2 Posts

June 24th, 2013 06:00

Hi,

I got the same issue, i appreciate if you can tell steps how can I recover my data against Error Code:  2000-0151.

2 Posts

June 24th, 2013 07:00

How you recovered data by dos? i appreciate if you mention steps..my drive also crashed and error code is 2000-0151

3.3K Posts

Hi mhassan88,

May I know the system model so that I can help you better?

We need to reseat the hard drive and rerun the diagnostics on the hard drive.

I would recommend you to run diagnostics on the Hard drive.

Restart the computer and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu.

• When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • If the Pre-boot System Assessment completes successfully, you receive the message Booting Dell Diagnostic Utility Partition
  • Press any key to continue
  • Press any key to start the Dell Diagnostics from the Diagnostics utility partition on your hard drive
  • After the Dell Diagnostics loads and the Main Menu screen appears, click the button for the option you want to run -

Express Test: Performs a quick test of devices. The test typically takes 10 to 20 minutes and requires no interaction on your part

Extended Test: Performs a thorough check of devices. The test typically takes 1 hour or more and requires you to answer questions periodically

Custom Test: Tests a specific device. You can customize the tests to be run.

Symptom Tree: Allows you to select tests based on a symptom of the problem you are experiencing

Select Custom test and run the diagnostics on the hard drive.

When you have finished running a test, close the screen to return to the Main Menu screen. To exit the Dell Diagnostics and reboot the computer, close the Main Menu screen

Please make a note of the error message.

Awaiting your response!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

mhassan88

One of the easier methods recovering the files and folders from a failed system is to remove the hard drive and use a USB 2.0, SATA, adaptor similar to this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812156102

Then connect the hard drive to working computer and see if you can transfer the files and folders.

If this fails to work, you would need the services of a Data Recovery Company, to recover the files and this can be very expensive.

Bev.

79 Posts

June 24th, 2013 08:00

If the drive is detecting in the BIOS you can try RecoverBot by Gillware, Dell's preferred data recovery lab, give them a call 877-624-7206.  If the drive isn't detecting in the BIOS you can have them take a look at the drive in their lab.  Their rates are very reasonable, be sure to mention you were referred by Dell so you get their preferred pricing.

www.dell.com/.../recover-your-lost-files

No Events found!