Highlighted
scualo
Bronze

help my inspiron 570 don't play or burn disc!!!

Jump to solution

hello people i need help how to fis this issue with my inspiron destop 570 it has less than a month that i brougth it, i try to play or burn a disc and juts no works!

the drive looks installed ok(dvd rw drive (dSmiley Happy but it don't play nothing, i check it out with pc doctor and it show me  this Failed (Error code: WCD44-ZIO)

please help!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
osprey4
Diamond

Re: help my inspiron 570 don't play or burn disc!!!

Jump to solution

Hi Scualo,

Please perform the Dell diagnostics on your drive according to the procedure I have linked to below. Be sure to put a data CD in the drive when performing the read test.

0 Kudos
scualo
Bronze

Jump to solution

still the same, not fix

0 Kudos
osprey4
Diamond

Jump to solution

This is a test, not a fix. Did the test pass or fail?

0 Kudos
scualo
Bronze

Jump to solution

yes it fail, this is what i get

"i get this after a diagnostic  ......

Spindle Test

Test Started 2/20/2012 2:55:48 PM

Error Message: Drive reported a failure. 2/20/2012 2:55:53 PM

Test Finished: Failed (Error code: WCD44-ZIO) 2/20/2012 2:55:53 PM"

0 Kudos
osprey4
Diamond

Jump to solution

Your drive has failed and needs to be replaced.

scualo
Bronze

Jump to solution

yup it was a faulty dvd room  drive, so i contacted a dell suport and they send a tecnical to remplaced with another drive dvd,so all good now,thankyou for your help and suport osprey 4

0 Kudos
osprey4
Diamond

Jump to solution

Glad to help!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have dell vostro 3500 series laptop with windows 7 OS. And I am facing some problems with . WHen I turn on my laptop ., I am getting the following error message

" Reatek PCIe GBE family controller series v2.35(06/14/10)

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

Reboot and select proper boot device

or insert Boot media in selected boot device and press a key "

Can Anyone please advice me on how to fix this error

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi delluser3500,

It can be issue with hardware or with Windows corruption. Please run diagnostics on the system to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

If the test pass, boot the system to BIOS and check if the hard drive is getting detected and is selected as first boot device. Here are the steps to boot to BIOS:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F2' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Under the 'Main' tab, check if hard drive is getting detected against 'Internal HDD' option.

• Navigate to 'Boot' tab and make sure that the hard drive is selected as first boot device.
  • Restart the system and check.

If the above steps doesn't work, please try restoring the system to Last Good Known Configuration. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F8' key to enter the 'Windows Advanced Options' menu.
  • Use the Arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.

Note: After you start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature, changes that were made since the last successful startup are lost.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos