nilesh247
1 Copper

how to unlock my hard disk?

I set a password to my hard disk, at that time its was taking it properly but after I format the drive completely. Now when I start my laptop it ask to enter password and when I type the password it showing "Invalid password" and after three attempt it show " HDD is locked". i am searching for answer to unlock my hard disk.......

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DELL-Babita S
4 Tellurium

Re: how to unlock my hard disk?

Hi Nilesh247,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Please click on the link below for an article with helpful information on  "System prompts for a Hard Drive or BIOS password before continuing. Password is not accepted or has been misplaced / forgotten."  It lists out the steps you need to follow in order to resolve this issue.

http://dell.to/134tegs

If the system is under warranty, please contact me through private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information (as mentioned below) so that I may access your system records.

• System Service Tag No.:
  • Registered System Owner's Name:
  • Shipping address:
  • Telephone number/s:
  • Email address:

However, if the system is out of warranty, then you can contact our Expired Warranty Support at the link below:

http://dell.to/12LmNBq

Please feel free to contact us in case of further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

0 Kudos
DELL-Babita S
4 Tellurium

Hi Nilesh247,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

0 Kudos
nikhilmuz
1 Copper

How to unlock the locked HDD on another system? I lost my access to Dell laptop and now I want to use the HDD on another machine with different OEM

0 Kudos