Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2008 01:00

missing or corrupt file system 32 config system Access denied in recovery console

I've been trying to resolve an issue with a corrupt system 32 config and when I go into recovery console, it does not ask me for any passwords which is one of the first things the recovery console is supposed to ask.  When I type the "md tmp" command to start the recovery process, it tells me ACCESS DENIED.  I have no passwords for the system or administrative password.  I hope someone can help me.  Thank you very much.  I am using the dell 4700 running windows XP.
Message Edited by LuvYaAl on 06-17-2008 11:56 PM
Message Edited by LuvYaAl on 06-17-2008 11:58 PM

16 Posts

June 21st, 2008 02:00

Ahhhhhh.  Should I just keep trying it?  I'm scared!!!!!

1.7K Posts

June 21st, 2008 02:00

You can run it a few more times. you do run the risk of losing your data with each try.

1.7K Posts

June 21st, 2008 03:00

It's your stuff, it's up to you. Is your stuff worth $100 to you. If I took your hard drive, left an identical blank one and tried to get $100 ransom for it, would you pay? If not , then go ahead.

I've had many people say they have priceless stuff on their computer, when I put a price on their data, a lot say it's not worth it.  

16 Posts

June 22nd, 2008 15:00

I ran it again after the first message came up, and right away it just says the same thing It does not even try to continue to scan any more.  In your last post you mention an alternative method which I am not quite clear on.  Could you let me know exactly what it is I need to do with another hard drive.  Do I get the new hard drive and then try and copy files on to it?  I think that requires hooking the bad computer to a good one.  Does a Dell Laptop count as a computer I can hook up to?  Ugh --- this really stinks.  I think the only thing I will be disappointed about losing is some stuff in an IPOD library my husband set up which he NEVER put on his IPOD.  He took sooooo long in making that library (and he NEVER uses a computer).  It would be a shame.  I am also sure that there are other things on that computer in word documents that belong to my kids.  Why the heck did this happen with this computer.  It really does not get any abuse.  Again I REALLY appreciate all of your help.  Also would a flash drive work.  My daughter has one of those.

1.7K Posts

June 23rd, 2008 11:00

The flash drive won't help you as you have trouble getting into the drive. You could recover to a laptop if you have a generic external drive case to plug the drive into. That would make it a flash drive on the laptop and you could copy the wanted files to it.

The method I mentioned is to purchase a new drive. Install in place of the old one, install windows and updates.

then you can add the old drive back in addition to the new one on the secondary connector. It would be D, E, F depending on your setup. You would explore the drive and copy the files/folders to the new drive.  You cound then run scandisk on the old drive in attempt to repair it. Maybe you'll get luckey. Then you could decide to keep the new drive or swap back the old one. Then go back to just one hard drive. You then could use it on your other desktop to reinstall windows on it and have 2 good functioning computers instead on 1 non working and 1 not working right 

16 Posts

June 23rd, 2008 12:00

OK I think I understand it now.  I'm getting better and better as the years go on with all of this technical computer stuff.  My brother used to take care of all of this when he lived near me, but now I am on my own.  I am still trying to get somewhere with all of the instructions you gave me prior and with other things I am reading.  It seems all the commands I put in the prompt in recovery, it either says it is not a valid something or other, or it says ACCESS DENIED.  Why would my access be denied?  I want to find that one command that it will not deny me.  What do ya think?  You think it's all over - right?  Thanks again!

1.7K Posts

June 23rd, 2008 12:00

I think trying things is fun once any valuable data is safe. Problem is you have a problem that you are trying to fix online and its like you are trying to solve what is making that noise in my car or why so I hurt. There is just so much you can do when you are not there.

as for your access denied, it seems somthing is blocking the permissions, maybe it is one of your corrupted files.

1 Message

April 29th, 2010 09:00

Hey I want to know how C:// Access Denied i want remove programing then new installs but plm windows was unable to create a required installation folder Error code 0x800070005 u can explain me how?

No Events found!