Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2015 08:00

ok so im having an issue i need help with

so i have a dell latitude E5540.i keep having an issue with my hard drive. I'm running windows 10 but have had this issue on every OS I've came across. iv never seen nor had nor heard of this problem before. when you go to like system propertys it says i hv a 100gb HD. but when i go to computer managemnt and go to disk drives it says i hv a 300gb hard drive. says there like almost 200gb of free space yet i cant use any of it. i have tried to make it avalible and get an error saying there is not enough free space. even trying to make way less then it says i hv avalible i get the error of no space avalible. so my question is why is it listed if it says its not avalible. do i hv a 300gb HD or 100gb? can i fix this. this is confusing. ill try to post pics with this. if there is a way to fix this it would help me alot i need more space. TY 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2015 11:00

Go into the BIOS setup (F2 at powerup) or the Device Manager and look up the model number of the hard drive.  Post that here or search for it and it'll tell you what size the drive is. 

Because the system is using MBR, it's limited to four primary partitions - you can't add a fifth.  Three are showing but there may be another hidden partition somewhere.  What is that D: partition?  Is it a flash drive?

No Events found!