Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2013 21:00

optiarc DVD+- RW AD-7717H driver

I just reformatted my Dell XPS 15 (L502x) and am in the process of reinstalling all of my programs. When I put in my first disc however, it wouldn't load. When I click on "Computer" the only drive I can see is my C drive. I checked my drivers and there is an error icon next to my DVD drive.

I have tried uninstalling and restarting twice and looked all over the internet but cannot seem to find the driver.

Clicking on the Drive gives me this message: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

Just reinstalling the driver should fix this right?

Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1.8K Posts

February 4th, 2013 22:00

Hi Starfishey,

I appreciate your efforts to fix this issue and suggest you to run the Microsoft Fixit that automatically fixes issues with CD or DVD drive not is not recognized from the following link:
http://bit.ly/32ERX

Please let me know about the status.

1 Message

July 20th, 2013 13:00

This worked for me.  I found it on another thread:

Uninstalled DVD driver in Device Manager.

Then download and update the BIOS for the laptop.

Restart computer and then the drive will be usable again.

Hope this works for everyone else.

Good luck!

1 Message

May 10th, 2015 20:00

Hi

I have Optiarc dvd+- AD 7717h 102a in my Dell Inspiron 4110 N system. I am running Win 7 Home Premium. the CD/DVD player stopped reading and writing discs. I have used the fixit, and regedit and all methods. The fixIt keeps saying the media is not writable but I have made sure the media is writable.

There seems to be no other driver or firmware that dell offers on this. I am stuck and I need the DVD reader/writer to work. What are my options?

Will appreciate the assistance.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 12th, 2015 16:00

Hi Arif0204,

Please follow the link below to my troubleshooting guide. I suggest you test the hardware using the Dell diagnostics.

1 Message

November 22nd, 2022 13:00

Hi

I tried the link and i get a 404

please send me a new link

No Events found!