Highlighted
2 Bronze

Acknowledge alerts in console and notify again

Hello,

I have configured SMARTS InCharge-OI to receive snmp trap events (using NOTIF) and alert in Global Console. The requirement I have is to clear each alerts when acknowledged (works now), and notify the same events if the tool (running Net-snmp agent) sends it again.

In my current configuration, all Alerts gets cleared from the console after I click Acknowledge. When a new trap (same event) is sent, I don't see them in the console. It appears those are being filtered. What changes are required to enable these alerts again (even after clearing alert each time)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I am trying to enable notify again for an event which was already Acknowledged and cleared from console. What steps are required to enable this? Right now I don't see any of those newer events in InChareg-OI and Global Console.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi Vtrak,

I would like to have a better understanding of your issue, can you please clarify the following:

-What version of SAM are you using (./sm_server --version from SAM bin directory)

-When you say I acknowledge the notification, where exactly are you doing this? At SAM (Global console) level of or OI level

-If you acknowledge the notification on the SAM level (Global console) then you need to enable the Hierarchical Acknowledge to TRUE at SAM level so that the acknowledge gets executed and the notification gets cleared at the OI level too. Please check this configuration in SAM by going to the following: Global Manager Administration Console>ICS Configuration > System defaults: set Hierarchical Acknowledge to TRUE.

All the best!

Peter Barbini Jr.

Tech Support Engineer - Smarts

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi Peter,

- The version used is SAM_SUITE: V9.1.0.0.

- Alerts were acknowledged from Global Console.

- Checked the Hierarchical Acknowledge which was set to TRUE in SAM.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi Vtrak,

Since providing a complete and comprehensive answer to your question requires more in depth research than I am able to provide at the moment through the community, if you like, I can help get this resolved through a service request.

When opening a service request, please provide the following data for support analysis:

-Audit log and archive log for SAM and OI
-Trap adapter log
-Trap_mgr.conf
-An example of the issue such as a screen shot.

All the Best!

Peter Barbini Jr.

Technical Support Engineer - Smarts

0 Kudos