Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2010 05:00

Cisco FWSM CPU Utilization

Is anyone able to view the CPU utilization of a Cisco FWSM within SMARTs?  I'm running AMPM version 7.3.0.28 and the utilization is not available.  I'm working with EMC Support on this, but I was just curious if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks,

Chris

August 13th, 2010 05:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your query.

Would like to share my observation related to this.

I think the device need to go for a recertification

I was verifying the MIB information associated with the FWSM device and observed that the correct CPU utilization informations are populated by the "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB" providing the CPU utilization for five minutes (cpmCPUTotal5minRev - MIB object)   by the OID "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.5"(pdf MIB data attached).

Also If your IOS device has several CPUs, such cases the IOS device and certification must support both CISCO-PROCESS MIB and ENTITY-MIB for you to be able to retrieve relevant information about CPU utilization.The only case where you do not need to have or use ENTITY-MIB is when you only have a single CPU. I was unable to observe this MIB data in the patch 28 certification.

You can verify the presence of  above mentioned  OID "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.5" in the snmpwalk of the device and also provide the required snmpwalk and MIB details to the support to reconfirm the same and  proceed for recertifying the device.

Regards,

Vipin

Would you like to Chat with a Support Engineer?

NEW ! – EMC [Product name here] Support web pages:
https://support.emc.com/products

1 Attachment

3 Posts

August 16th, 2010 07:00

Thanks Vipin-

I am able to walk the device and see a value for 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.5.  I will forward this information to support.

Thanks,

Chris

August 16th, 2010 08:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the revert and You are Most welcome .

Strongly believe that the recertification with the requred data implimented will provide the required utilization outputs.

Regards,

Vipin

Would you like to Chat with a Support Engineer?

NEW ! – EMC [Product name here] Support web pages:
https://support.emc.com/products

No Events found!