Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2007 20:00

ControlCenter Patches for US Daylight Savings Changes

Hi All,

Just in case you haven't seen them, I'd just like to bring to your attention two patches that have been released to address the US DST changes.

There is a patch for Oracle (patch 3862) and also a patch for the embedded Java runtime environment (patch 3878).

If your systems use a US timezone, then please take note as these will need to be installed pretty quickly...

Both patches are now available for download from Powerlink.

Regards,
Glen.

92 Posts

March 2nd, 2007 12:00

Thanks for posting this! I didn't see the ControlCenter portion of the DST EMC mailing I received last week.
The mailing only mentions the hotfix, however....

jq

1 Message

March 5th, 2007 12:00

I've seen the notice but can't find the patches in Powerlink. I surely would have thought I would find them under Support/ Downloads and Patches. Some clues as to where they are would be helpful !

2.1K Posts

March 5th, 2007 12:00

I'm just pulling them down now and I did find them under Support | Downloads and Patches | Control Center...

If this doesn't show up on your list you may not have Control Center registered for your site... or your site not properly registered for your PowerLink Account. If this is the case you will need to contact PowerLink Support to get it corrected.

2 Posts

March 6th, 2007 08:00

Neither did I. I found the instructions in the Administration/User Guide under Chapter 4, Maintaining the Repository. The directions go something like this:
You can backup the Repository at any time as follows: From the Start menu, select: Programs, EMC, EMC Control Center, Repository Maintenance, BackUP Database.

and to export the Repository backup:

From the Start menu, select Programs, EMC, EMC Control Center, Repository Maintenance, Export Database.

21 Posts

March 6th, 2007 08:00

Ok stupid user trick...In the patch notes it states up front that you need to do a "hot backup" of the database and then do a database dump, prior to doing the installs. I have no clue how to go about doing those two things. Can anyone help me out? thanks, dave

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

March 6th, 2007 10:00

Thank you lori ..i had not clue how to do it either.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

does the order matter ? 3862 and then 3878 ?

24 Posts

these patches can be applied remotely using something like dameware, vnc, or microsoft remote desktop. if you are using RDP, make sure you actually attach to the console of the server (this does not happen by default). Your hot backup script will not run through a terminal session (but it will run through a terminal session if you are attaching to the console.)

so, if you run mstsc /console, you will be able to install both patches from your desk.

92 Posts

March 6th, 2007 11:00

I successfully applied both of the patches. I wondered about the order and elected to install them in numerical order.
So, I installed 3862 first. Then I installed 3878. All is working well.

-jq
PS - Don't forget the console update for 3878.

2.1K Posts

March 6th, 2007 12:00

Ah, not a problem then. We don't run it anywhere other than the server either. Performance is unbelievable (and not in a good way) from a workstation :-(

92 Posts

Yes - you still need to apply this patch to the console. Each and every console, regardless of where that console resides.
The way to do that is to launch a browser, then navigate to the server name port 30000.
For example:
http://eccserver:30000
Hopefully your ControlCenter Installation webpage comes up. Select Installation, then you should see the link to the DST patch.

-jq

2.1K Posts

I thought we just needed the two patches?

What is this other one for the Console?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

you know ..i think we still have to install it even thought it's on the same box. I remember when i installed SP4 ..i had to install console update as well. I am going through the install right now ..will let you know.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

if you installed console software on the client system ..although i run console on the same box as ecc runs on ...otherwise it's dog slow :)

7 Posts

March 9th, 2007 02:00

Hi,

Let me explain a little how is my configuration.
We have a distruted configuration. The Host server is in US (which has US time), and a remote server is in Europe (which has European time)
(CS 5.2.2 and SQL Server 2000)
Do we have to apply DTS patches on both servers?

Thanks in advance,
Elena.
No Events found!