Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 1st, 2009 07:00

Create a Report on Alerts?

I am looking to create a report that shows all alerts received for a specific array in the last month. Is this data captured in StorageScope? I don't see it as available in a custom query.

2.1K Posts

December 2nd, 2009 06:00

I don't think you are going to find this in StorageScope, but someone else may have an idea on how to do this better. Here is what I would do.

• Change your main view pane to "Alert History". You can find this in the Monitoring drop down
  • Select the array you are focusing on in the tree view on the left (actually check it off)
  • The complete Alert History for that array will populate
  • In the Alert History pane on the right, use the Action drop down at the top to select Customize | Filter
  • Set up the criteria to filter your list (e.g. Created Date = Between 11/01/09 and 12/1/09)
  • Click on one of the entries on the list to make sure the table is selected
  • On the file menu select Export
  • Pick a location to export a CSV file to with the contents displayed in the table

Now you can import the CSV into your favorite program (I use Excel) to create a formatted report from the data.

33 Posts

December 2nd, 2009 06:00

Thanks Alan, that got me exactly what I was looking for.

2.1K Posts

December 2nd, 2009 07:00

No problem. Not quite as easy as having an automated report dump out of StorageScope once a month, but since it is only once a month it's not too bad.
No Events found!