Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 13th, 2009 13:00

Crystal Reports 2008 connection to Storage Scope

Does anyone have some links on how to connect to the storagescope db using Crystal? I found some primus articles but they are not very clear and seem to be for 6.0 with a note that this may have changed in 6.1. Thanks.

33 Posts

November 11th, 2009 13:00

After working with Support for 2 days I gave up and installed Crystal on the ECC server and it worked perfectly. No idea why it wouldn't work from another machine. StorageScope should have a built-in custom report builder.

July 13th, 2009 20:00

If you have Crystal Reports running on your StorageScope server, you can just create an ODBC DSN for the StorageScope repository connection using the ODBC Data Source Administrators (in the Control Panel).

If you intend to run Crystal Reports on a different machine than where your StorageScope server is located, then your configuration is a little more complicated especially if you have SSL enabled to your repository.

I would suggest visiting http://education.emc.com as there are a couple of StorageScope custom reports training courses. The first is a two hour eLearning course

StorageScope Custom Reports Service Introduction - Impact

If you want a more comprehensive training, you can enroll for an in-person 4-day workshop on StorageScope reporting.

33 Posts

July 14th, 2009 05:00

I do intend to run Crystal on another machine, and we do have SSL enabled. Does EMC not have setup documents for this? I plan on going to the classes in the next few months but until then I need to be able to get some basic reports created that can be sent out on a scheduled basis for managers.

21 Posts

July 15th, 2009 04:00

Hi,

You may check Primus emc172482

Connecting to EMCSTSDB/RAMBDB through Crystal Reports with read-only access

Regards
Pawan

21 Posts

July 15th, 2009 04:00

Hi,

I will also request you to check the document
EMC ControlCenter® 6.1StorageScope¿
API AND REPOSITORY REFERENCE GUIDE
from Powerlink look for
Section "Connecting to the Repository and API"

Ensure that the Prerequisites for the ODBC connections are met as we are once again performing an ODBC through Crystal reports to connect to RAMBDB/EMCSTSDB.

Regards
Pawan

82 Posts

July 27th, 2009 12:00

I've followed all the steps in the primus and the pdf guides
but still getting errors

in my environment the ECC 6.0 server and the crystal report 11 server are on different physical boxes in the same domain and they can resolve each other
I've check the tnsnames.ora on the ECC server and everything looks correct

on the CR server I used ODBC data source administrator to create a connection to RAMBDB under user DSN

Data source name RAMBDB
username stsview
server (ip address of ECC server)

but when I tried to connect to it under CR's log on/off server
I get a TSN: could not resolve the connected identifier specified error

what am I doing wrong or what else I'm missing for this to work?
No Events found!