1 Copper

Dell Storage Manager Restful API - Authentication Credentials Failed

Hi Experts...

I've been try to read the data Collected by Dell Storage Mager using REST API... in our case, we had a Compellent Storage and we want to read the statistics about disks, usage and etc.. something beyond that SNMP interface gave to us...

So, there is the problem... when i call any REST address (https://StorageManagerServer:3033/api/rest/<SOMETHING>), an authentication window appears, asking to fill User and Password.

I'm inserting the same credentials of Storage Manager but nothing happends.. i can't connect.

Looking for documentation (Dell Storage Representational State Transfer (REST) API Cookbook) there is nothing about other credential or something related .. looking in guide, following the examples,  i'ts seems to be the same credentials...

I found in "C:\Program Files\Storage Manager\msaservice\wildfly-8.2.1.Final\standalone\log\server.log" these messages bellow, the only indication of possible problem:

2019-08-15 14:37:37,008 DEBUG [org.jboss.security] (default task-41) PBOX000293: Exception caught: javax.security.auth.message.AuthException: PBOX000016: Access denied: authentication failed
at org.jboss.security.auth.message.config.JBossServerAuthContext.invokeModules(JBossServerAuthContext.java:200) [picketbox-4.0.21.Final.jar:4.0.21.Final]
at org.jboss.security.auth.message.config.JBossServerAuthContext.validateRequest(JBossServerAuthContext.java:135) [picketbox-4.0.21.Final.jar:4.0.21.Final]
at org.jboss.security.plugins.auth.JASPIServerAuthenticationManager.isValid(JASPIServerAuthenticationManager.java:115) [picketbox-4.0.21.Final.jar:4.0.21.Final]

Anyone already fence this problem before ?

Thank you !

Labels (4)
0 Kudos