Highlighted
2 Bronze

Duplicate/Orphaned Disk in Dell Storage Manager following Failed Disk Replacement

We have Dell Storage Manager 2016 R3 managing a Dell Compellent SC8000 storage array. A colleague recently performed drive replacement of a failed disk following the Disk Replacement Wizard. All appears fine hardware wise, and the disk view in Dell Storage Manager shows all green to match this, but the original failed disk still shows under the disks view along with the new disk. Essentially Dell Storage Manager shows 2 disks under the same slot after the replacement. This looks to be an orphaned item in the database as everything else appears OK. If I try and delete the old failed disk it will not let me as there is a disk in the slot (the healthy replaced disk) Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean this up? It almost looks like an orphaned entry in the Storage Manager database which requires clean up.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Duplicate/Orphaned Disk in Dell Storage Manager following Failed Disk Replacement

Hello DireGight,

What is your current SCOS version running on your SC8000?  Do you have secure console enabled on your SC8000?  If you do, I am sending you a private message and if you can send me your controller serial# so that I can look at your system.  Here is the link on how to enable secure console if you need it. https://dell.to/2Y8UD6P

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Duplicate/Orphaned Disk in Dell Storage Manager following Failed Disk Replacement

Hi Dell-SAML,

Thanks for responding.

OS version is 7.1.12.2 on the SC8000. I will send you a private message for further interaction.

0 Kudos