Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2014 15:00

Isilon with SRM Suite

Hi,

Has any body used SRM monitoring suite with Isilon. I have issues discovering the Isilon clusters. Isilon - OneFS 7.0.2.4 and SRM 3.0 SP1.

Thanks,

Damal

165 Posts

Tried both ways using specific node IP address and smart connect IP address as well.

As per the SNMP settings, below is the screenshot and SNMP is enabled on the cluster with SNMP read-only being used

SNMP.JPG.jpg

Any other suggestions ?

21 Posts

Make sure you are using the actual node IP address of each node of the cluster, and not the cluster IP or smart connect IP.

Also make sure to use the right SNMP settings as seen in the OneFS UI.

- Brijesh

21 Posts

March 26th, 2014 16:00

So just to confirm.  If you login to OneFS, and see the cluster status like below, make sure you use one of the IPs

isilon.png

isilon2.png

And if you go to Cluster Management > General Settings > SNMP Monioring,  make sure the setting is what you use in device discovery.  If all is good, try increasing timeout.  Else open an SR and we can look.

snmp.png

21 Posts

March 26th, 2014 17:00

Whats the SR#?  Let me check.

- Brijesh

165 Posts

March 26th, 2014 17:00

Its been configured just the way you said - using a specific IP address of node and still the same. Increased the timeout value and it dint make much difference.

SR is opened and waiting for resolution. Just trying to see how its going in other environments.

Is SRM compatible with Isilon LACP  mode?

165 Posts

March 26th, 2014 19:00

Sorry that i have to say i can't reveal the SR

21 Posts

March 26th, 2014 20:00

I forgot to mention that I work for SRM Suite support at EMC.  If you are not comfortable mentioning the SR details here, you can email me at brijesh.gawande@emc.com.  I can escalate this to engineering if need be.

Good luck.

- Brijesh

No Events found!