Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2008 08:00

Latest Master agents

Hi There,

Can anybody please let me know,where do we get latest master agents for Linux to deploy in the newly build servers.

Thanks.

39 Posts

December 1st, 2008 13:00

Moved thread to EMC ControlCenter forum area from the Linux User Community.
If you are registered as a Powerlink Lite user then you won't be able to visit this forum until you register as an EMC customer.
However you will continue to receive any messages posted as answers to your question.
Mark Foreman
Host Systems Forum Admin

472 Posts

December 1st, 2008 14:00

Hi bannu,

The ControlCenter 6.1 Master Agent for Linux is deployed via installation disk 4. Once installed and you can see the host in the Console, you can then patch it to the latest hotfix revision which is currently 6.1.0.0.119 (Patch 4414).

Regards,
Séamus Coffey
EMC Global Services

99 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 11:00

Hi Seamus,

We are running with ECC 6.0.We are building new Linux servers,our Linux admins are requesting the latest master agents.Do we need to know the server requirements or this applicable to all the Linux boxes.

Do you want me to follow these steps:

1.From the ECC cds install the Master Agent on the Linux boxes.
2.From ECC apply the patches(is this brings to latest).

Can you please let me know.

Thanks.

99 Posts

Hi Seamus,

Thankyou very much for your quick response.

472 Posts

Hi bannu,

Yep, same principle applies for 6.0. Use CD4 to install the Master Agent for Linux on the applicable hosts. This will install revision 6.0.0.0.33 of the Master Agent (you won't need to patch the Master Agent unless there is a patch in the ControlCenter Media Repository re same).

The following Linux OSs are supported:

Linux RHEL AS/ES 3.0 , 4.0, 5.x, SUSE Linux ES9, Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.x. - check the latest 6.0 Support Matrix on Powerlink for full details.

Regards,
Séamus
No Events found!