Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2008 10:00

Reporting on Unisys mainframe in StorageScope

Trying to run disk utilization reports (capacity, used, unused, etc.) on Unisys ClearPath Libra 690 databases in StorageScope. Can run reports for windows and vm, but cannot for mainframe. Any suggestions?

472 Posts

December 18th, 2008 00:00

Hi,

I'm not sure what can/cannot be done in terms of mainframe reporting in StorageScope. However, I have emailed some people who may have the answer - will keep you posted.

Regards,
Seamus Coffey
EMC Global Services

2 Posts

May 18th, 2010 12:00

We are embarking on a project to accomplish just that - we also have a Libra 690 and a couple other host anomolies that give us reporting challenges. There are a couple ways to tackle that - if you alias enough objects in ECC, you can almost put together a storage allocation report using the StorageScope Advance reporting tools. To take that into a more practical level, we are getting geared up to deploy the product called "Enterprise Data Gateway". It is an add-on to ECC and uses the STS database as well as the ECC database, in conjunction to exports from the Clearpath and the other "black holes" of storage reporting we have. We're not deployed yet - there is a pretty significant amount of prep work we are going through to get the design of the reports together but I will keep an eye out and let you know how we do with the EDG if you want.

No Events found!