Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2017 09:00

Reports not working after upgrade to 4.1 for SRM

Upgraded to  SRM 4.1 from 3.7 I have quite a few standard reports not working.  Like Report Library-VMware - Performance,  VNX Top N reports not working. 

141 Posts

February 28th, 2017 06:00

Hi dunman22,

Have you checked that the import-properties task completed correctly ?

Are the collector-managers running ?

You may want to open a service request with support to sanity check the setup and see what's going on with these reports.

Regards,

Isaka

6 Posts

February 28th, 2017 16:00

Hi Isaka,

I have verified the collection managers are running.  I have stop/start the managers, as extra measures.

I am interested in your "import properties" so you mean the data collectors are pointing to the Primary Backend DB?  If so then yes they are.  I have also verified credentials etc all have checked out. 

I am suspecting there is something with the report itself but I am limited in knowledge there.  

If you have any more ideas to share I'd be willing to try.  I do have a SR open with development but I just hate sitting around with a problem. 

Thanks.

141 Posts

March 1st, 2017 06:00

Hi dunman22,

Import-properties is a task that creates a list of existing properties in the property-store on the frontend host; this is used to speed up the queries when generating reports.

A few of thing can cause a report not to display any data, the first being data collection, are there any errors in the collector manager logs ?

Let me know the SR# and i will try to take a look.

regards,

Isaka

6 Posts

March 1st, 2017 07:00

Thank you, here is the SR#06149152

I will look take a look.   Thanks again.

120 Posts

March 1st, 2017 09:00

Hi Dunman22

I spoke with the engineer who is actively working that SR.

he stated he will communicate with the SR contact soon

Thanks

6 Posts

March 3rd, 2017 12:00

Hi Tim,

I dont know your title or role but I am assuming you are working Dell/EMC. 

I spoke with support and they have indicated that I open tickets on all my issues.   And that is fine if it were 1 or 2 however I am seeing several  "broken reports" in VPLEX and VNX solution packs.   As you know there are 100s of report and I am finding out that these reports are not working when we have issues and I utilize SRM to troubleshoot. 

I believe there is an underlying issue or several underlying issues. 

120 Posts

March 9th, 2017 16:00

Dunman:

yes I Do work at DELL/EMC

I do understand your concern if you have hundreds of missing links in reports and having to open up multiple sr's.

Though, this would be difficult to troubleshoot in a public forum.

Are these straight out of the box reports or have they been modified/customized?

if so, that may be an issue.

Thanks

Tim

No Events found!