Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2014 13:00

SRM Suite 3.0 binary installation

I've  installed a front-end server and a back-end server using the binaries (not the vApp).

I've edited the servers.xml on the front-end server to point to the back-end server's MySQL instance.

However I get an error message in the logs:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: null,  message from server: "Host 'x.x.x.x' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1055)

I've tried logging into the master database on the back end and adding the front-end host, but it says the apg user doesn't have the privileges.

Is there a step I'm missing?

I don't want to use the vApp installation.  Pretend these are physical hosts.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 5th, 2014 23:00

Hi,

You should be able to log in as 'root' user into MySQL (same password as 'apg'). Then grant these privileges to both localhost and your frontend host (note there are 5 different databases):

mysql> show grants;

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Grants for apg@localhost                                                                                  |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| GRANT FILE ON *.* TO 'apg'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*FA71926E39A02D4DA4843003DF34BEADE3920AF3' |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `compliance`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                              |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `apg`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                      |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `events`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                  |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `master`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                  |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `topology`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                |

2 Posts

March 6th, 2014 13:00

That was the trick, thanks!

No Events found!