Highlighted
Not applicable

SRM Suite 3.0 binary installation

Jump to solution

I've  installed a front-end server and a back-end server using the binaries (not the vApp).

I've edited the servers.xml on the front-end server to point to the back-end server's MySQL instance.

However I get an error message in the logs:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: null,  message from server: "Host 'x.x.x.x' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1055)

I've tried logging into the master database on the back end and adding the front-end host, but it says the apg user doesn't have the privileges.

Is there a step I'm missing?

I don't want to use the vApp installation.  Pretend these are physical hosts.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: SRM Suite 3.0 binary installation

Jump to solution

Hi,

You should be able to log in as 'root' user into MySQL (same password as 'apg'). Then grant these privileges to both localhost and your frontend host (note there are 5 different databases):

mysql> show grants;

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Grants for apg@localhost                                                                                  |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| GRANT FILE ON *.* TO 'apg'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*FA71926E39A02D4DA4843003DF34BEADE3920AF3' |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `compliance`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                              |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `apg`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                      |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `events`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                  |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `master`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                  |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `topology`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                |

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

You should be able to log in as 'root' user into MySQL (same password as 'apg'). Then grant these privileges to both localhost and your frontend host (note there are 5 different databases):

mysql> show grants;

| Grants for apg@localhost                                                                                  |

| GRANT FILE ON *.* TO 'apg'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*FA71926E39A02D4DA4843003DF34BEADE3920AF3' |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `compliance`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                              |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `apg`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                      |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `events`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                  |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `master`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                  |

| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `topology`.* TO 'apg'@'localhost'                                                |

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

That was the trick, thanks!

0 Kudos