Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 7th, 2010 06:00

Storage Scope Issue

Hello

I have deployed Master and Host agent on couple of Virtual Machines, generally after agent deployment host information must be populated in storage scope.

But in my case I am not able to see any hosts in my storage scope Host Views.

ETL is running every day at 4:00AM.

Any solutions for this.

2.1K Posts

April 8th, 2010 13:00

Are you seeing the detailed information on your hosts in the ContrlCenter console itself? This would be things like file systems, adapter cards, etc? If not you have some kind of issue with the host agents populating back to CC. If you do see the info there, then I'm at a bit of a loss. Are other things populating to StorageScope through the ETL process?

4 Posts

April 9th, 2010 00:00

Hi Allen,

I am able to see all information regarding the hosts where I have deployed host and master agent in the ECC console, only problem is I am not able to get that information populated in Storage scope. ETL is running every day at 4:00AM.Yes we got three ESX servers they are populated in storage scope.

Any Further information to do.

99 Posts

April 9th, 2010 06:00

Hi Raj,

First and foremost thing, I would Check was host HBA's are populating are not. Sometimes even though there are host and master agents are running on the host, you will not see the HBAs due to the missing libs. Check when they were discovered(in properties view).

Thanks,

Bannu.

59 Posts

April 9th, 2010 06:00

In Host view SRM Views -> Hosts, only physical hosts are listed there. If you look at the summary tab, the first column is # Physical Hosts. If you want to see virtual machines, you can click host name for ESX server and drill down to individual ESX server. Once you are there, you will see a tab for Virtual Machines which shows all VMs for that ESX server.

Sarah

29 Posts

May 8th, 2012 19:00

Going through this discussion I got some questions to ask . Do we need to install master agents on the all hosts which are now visible in the ecc console after adding the array , so that the information of these host are populated to the storage scope.

No Events found!