Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

MF

22 Posts

April 5th, 2023 10:00

Unable To Enter Maintenance Mode / Start Update from 4.7.1.0 to 4.8

I am currently running version 4.7.1.0 of SRM.  I am able to download the update for 4.8 from the online manager, however, following the instructions, I never am able to "enter maintenance mode" as it remains greyed out.  I have tried Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge Browsers.  Anything additional I am missing or need to look for?

• 

6.9K Posts

April 6th, 2023 02:00

Hello Millertime-FL,

Have you tried to perform the update using the system upgrade wizard instead of the online update, and does it allow you to select enter maintenance mode?

12 Posts

April 7th, 2023 08:00

Entering maintenance mode is a critical step when upgrading SRM, as it ensures that the system is in a stable state before starting the update process. If you're unable to enter maintenance mode, it's likely that there is an issue with your SRM setup or configuration.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check if there are any pending tasks or running jobs in the SRM console. If there are, wait for them to complete and try again.

2. Check the system logs for any errors or warnings related to entering maintenance mode. If you find any, try to resolve those issues first before attempting to enter maintenance mode again.

3. Verify that you have the necessary permissions to enter maintenance mode. Check with your system administrator to ensure that your user account has the required permissions.

4. If you have any third-party plugins or customizations installed, try disabling them temporarily and attempt to enter maintenance mode again.

5. If none of the above steps work, you may need to reach out to SRM support for further assistance. They can help diagnose the issue and provide guidance on how to resolve it.

In the meantime, you may also want to consider backing up your SRM configuration and data before attempting the upgrade to ensure that you can restore your system if anything goes wrong during the upgrade process.

No Events found!