Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2010 10:00

Underlying Disk Speed for Devices?

I find it odd that there is not an easy way to view the speed of the disks for a device. Unless I am missing something. Under Unmapped Devices I have 893 Standard RAID 5 Devices but no way to tell which ones are on 10k versus 15k disks.

2.1K Posts

March 18th, 2010 11:00

Anu, while I understand that you can get this information somewhere else (I could get it from SMC as well) the point is when you are going to provision some storage to a host it would be nice to be able to identify the performance characteristics of the devices you are provisioning as you do the work. You shouldn't have to go look at another report to determine which of the devices to select from the list. It would be much easier if it were all in one place.

2.1K Posts

It would be nice if one of the pieces of data in the Properties of a device was the Disk Group that hosted it. I suspect that would be as close as you could get in the Console interface. At least then you could keep track of your Disk Groups to determine the underlying technology of a device.

41 Posts

I suppose you are viewing UnMapped Devices using ECC Properties View.   I agree it would have been easy if you had that information handy in the same view    In case you decide to use STS, just add an filter on LUNS.Mapped = 'No' on the previous query to get the information for Unmapped devices.

41 Posts

You can find out the disk speed for devices using StorageScope for Symm and Clariion Arrays.

To find the Disk Speed of a Device, create a custom query in StorageScope query builder.

a) Go to the Query Builder Listing Page.

b) Click on the "Create" Button.

c) On the next page you can give the query a name and categorize.   Make sure you select "Current".  Click Next

d) On the Area of Interest Page, pick the objects Arrays, LUNs and Disks.   Click Next.

e)  Select the interested columns such as Array Name, Array S/N, Array type, Array Vendor, Disk Name, Disk RPM, Disk Type, Disk Technology, LUN Name, Lun Type etc

f) Go through the rest of Wizard for filtering and sorting.

g) Save the query

h) Run the query.

I have attached a screenshot.   HTH

Anu Shivnath. 

1 Attachment

March 19th, 2010 21:00

Are we able to get the "Disk Speed" for Clariion?  It seem that the speed is missing for Clariion Disk.

59 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 06:00

Disk Speed for Clariion is not collected. This information is not available in ECC.

No Events found!