Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2013 22:00

W4Net - Server availability chart not being calculated

Hi,

I've noticed a rather odd effect with the summary report for certain devices in Watch4Net 6.0.  The "Availability" chart is showing "No Data" even though all the other charts in the same report (CPU utilisation, Memory Utilisation, Reachability and Network I/O) are populated. Does anyone know how this can happen? If the "Reachability" chart is showing data then surely the "Availability" must show data too? See the example below.

Cheers,

Denis

RCJERPDB2-Report.JPG.jpg

12 Posts

October 8th, 2013 18:00

Hi Denis,

You might be missing the Availability Filter in your collector manager config. This is particularly true if you are using SolutionPacks in a distributed environment, we have seen that in some versions this filter doesn't get deployed properly.

Below is an example for the Smarts collector, where the Availability filter has been put immediately next in line after the collector in collecting.xml (read from bottom up).

Note that if you are using the Smarts collector, you need to change the availability filter config file to match your polling cycle (default 240secs, not the usual 300secs for other collectors).

Benjamin Johns

iQ Consult Pty Ltd

Australia

October 8th, 2013 22:00

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to check this out later today and let you know if you were close.

Thanks,

Denis

No Events found!