or like NAvisphere

I or it;s a software that can be integrated with Navisphere

I mean that it is a collection of installation packages

Thanks in advance

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

June 3rd, 2011 04:00

http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/data-sheet/h1082-controlcenterswfam-ds.pdf

it's a huge package that can do soo many things ..not just manage storage arrays. It's not free of course

June 3rd, 2011 03:00

Hi,

This is a management software. Whit the help of ECC we can manage different kind of storage and can perform masking also.It is very help tool.

Cheers,

Vineet

June 3rd, 2011 04:00

Thanks for your help

but I need to know

Is it stand alone sofware  or it is a package that can be added to the Navisphere ?

and how can I get it ? is it free or need to be purchased ?

and is it software exactly like Navisphere that can replace the Navisphere or it has other functions than Navisphere ?

Thanks in Advance

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

June 28th, 2011 04:00

Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads C > ControlCenter 6.x

if yo don't the files there, you will need to get in touch with PowerLink support to modify your profile.

1 Message

June 28th, 2011 04:00

EMC Control Center (ECC) is what we know as the mother of all Storage Management software. While you can use Navisphere to manage CLARiiON storage, you can also have ECC connnect directly to CLARiiON storage and perform simple storage provision activites, among other functionalities.

It is very different from Navisphere and has it's own quirks and other functionality. You can have it manage other storage lik Symmetrix, Celerra, HDS, NetApps etc - although except for Symmetrix you are limited to rather basic storage provision / management features compared to using natively available management tools.

However what ECC excels in is apart from having a single user interface to manage them all - Storage, SAN Switches, Backups, is the Notifications and Alerts features. There are other add-ins like StorageScope which provides excellent storage related reporting features, performance monitoring and reporting, and then some.

The software is not normally free - unless you are a very big EMC user. Installation is not very straightforward, and it is a very involved subject and requires quite a lot of expertise to get the server up and running.

That said I am looking around for the software download for this product. My company has all the license, but nobody seems to have the installation package.

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2011 12:00

26 Posts

September 1st, 2015 05:00

Hi Guys,

What is basic diffrence between ECC, SMC and Unisphere?

Also, what version you are using of these 3

Please share the differnce between DMX, Symmetrix and VMAX too

Unable to understand.

please share the links to go through to understand

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 1st, 2015 07:00

ECC (end of life by the way) used to be used to manage the entire storage infrastructure. You could use it to manage switches, storage (FC arrays, CAS ..etc). You could also deploy host agents to collect statistics etc.

Unipshere for VMAX and its predecessor SMC are used strictly to manage Symmetrix/VMAX storage arrays.

Use  support by product to download applicable documentation https://support.emc.com/products/

3 Posts

September 4th, 2018 08:00

Hi Dynamox,

please let me know what are the services we need to run to work ECC properly. we have ECC installed and we don't have support and we are not receiving alerts, please could you help me out.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 5th, 2018 06:00

Hello Dynamox,

ECC was a great package, it managed switches, arrays, hosts, zoned, provisioned, alerted, produced many reports as well as Performance metrics.  Sadly the app has been end of life for well over 3 years.

There are several major components, infrastructure (usually on one host), stores (could be on 3-4 hosts) and agents- lots of agents.

If any of the the above are broken or down the data will not flow.  We have seen cases where, due to the older OS's the hosts were blocked from many corp. networks so that would be the first thing to check.  win 2003 was the last platform supported.

Because it is so far out of support, no support can be given on the app and only a very few maybe able to remember it.   with that being said. 

The controllcenter 6.1 planning and installation guide vol. 1, page 449 - from that point on for several pages will show the services andprocesses of each agent and component.   you could try to restart the infrastructure and if you have them extra stores hosts and see if the agents come up as well as the db services.   you could also try to start any inactive services or agent.   rule of thumb, services will be tagged with 'emc'  somewhere in the name...   Agents will have a 3 letter id followed by agent.   EGNAgent.exe and the like.   

Remember that NO current array will work... only very old legacy arrays will work as well as switches, hosts and most of all underlying software like navicli and symcli  

I hope this helps but frankly it has been over 3 years since I have even looked at it...   

No Events found!