Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2015 07:00

E10-001 free voucher ?

hello Everyone,

I was studying to this exam E10-001 using a book and movies.

I did even a practice test which I passed well.

so I took real exam and I failed .

If the practice test has a same questions like the real one then I can say I had 2 questions which looked similar.

Have questions been changed? or Maybe am I unlucky?

So now am thinking if I should take this exam one more time.

Can you let me know if you offer free exam vouchers like Brocade?

Thanx for all your replies

Regards,

Robert

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 15th, 2015 09:00

Robert: Thank you for your inquiry into the E10-001 v.2 Exam. The pool of questions that appear in all practice tests (including the E10-001 PT) come from the same item pool as the questions that appear on the "live" version of the exam. In other words, we do not create a separate pool of questions that are for use only on a practice test. Therefore, all practice test questions represent questions that appear on the "live" version of the exam administered in the testing centers - some in fact may be variations of questions found on the administered exam.

As you have observed, we have refreshed the questions on the E10-001 practice test. This is true of the test questions on the "live" version of the exam. However, the training/course materials has/have NOT changed. For exam security and exam integrity reasons, we have documented (i.e., EMC Proven Professional Program Policies) the fact that we will periodically refresh test questions.

Because the practice test is available to take multiple times, I would recommend taking the practice test again. Your practice test results (questions you did not answer correctly) will point you to the location in the training materials to focus your studies. Thank you and good luck with your next attempt at the exam once you feel adequately prepared to sit for the exam again.

F. Leah Hojem, Manager

Exam Development, Assessment, and Localization Group

EMC Proven Professional Program

633 Posts

January 15th, 2015 09:00

In response to your question about exam vouchers, we do not currently have any promotions for discounted vouchers. You can FollowEMC Proven Professional to be notified of updates in the community, including when discounts on training are available.

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2015 13:00

I also had the same experience. Is it possible that questions from the E20-001 exam version 1 would appear on the E10-001 exam?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 4th, 2015 10:00

Paul: The "version 1" exam you are speaking of is the E20-001 Information Storage and Management Exam which was retired on 12/31/12. The current exam E10-001 Information Storage and Management Exam Version 2 was released in 2012. There was a period of time when the E20-001 and the E10-001 ISM v.2 exam were available at the same time. Only the E10-001 ISM v.2 is now in existence/available.

Based on my previous post, we recently "updated/refreshed" the current E10-001 v.2 exam and Practice Test (PT); however, there were no changes to the current training/course materials. Certainly, the refreshed version of the exam/PT may contain questions that are "similar" to a question found on the previously release of the exam/PT. For example, if there is key information that is important that all test candidates should know and understand, the concepts behind a given question still exist. Therefore, the scenario/question may be "similar" but you will find that the answer choices are different.

I hope this additional information addresses your questions and/or concerns. Thank you. Leah

F. Leah Hojem, Manager

Exam Development, Assessments, and Localization Group

EMC Proven Professional Program

2 Posts

February 4th, 2015 11:00

I appreciate the feed back.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 4th, 2015 12:00

My pleasure. Leah

No Events found!